I think a girl getting her period, especially for the first time, is a spiritual experience. a little wacky, huh? i know. but the events in my life have always made me believe so. this post was inspired by one of my favorite books, The Red Tent, by Anita Diamant. ever since i’ve read it a few years ago, i’ve been interested in the strong symbolism of blood. today my piece, Virgin Faith, is featured on one of my very favorite blogs, The Underground Micaela. I fell in love with her blog the moment i understood what her blog title was all about. Micaela is indeed authentic: not false or copied; genuine; real. And that is what i aim to be, too. Thanks so much for taking the risk to share this piece with your readers. i hope *my* readers check out the rest of her blog, comment, subscribe, admire her blog as much as i do, and join us in the pursuit of authenticity. http://theundergroundmicaela.com/2012/07/04/virgin-faith/
Click on the link above for my latest LA Family article. Feel free to share any advice about how to keep marriage sweet, hot, and steamy. 🙂
click on the link above. thanks for reading!
have you ever had an intervention? do you need one right now? click on the link above. Also, on the LA Family site, feel free to share any stress relief techniques that work for you!
click on the link, ya’ll. Wide Open Spaces:
“so tell me, what do you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?” -mary oliver
click on the link to see what i plan to do with mine. ❤
i’d love to hear what you have to say about this one! click on the link and visit the site! 😉 THANKS!
141. cracking crab legs, butter running down my chin–the way eating can be an experience that is joyful, sexy, messy.
142. good clear test results.
143. Apple Canyon State Park, and my beautiful solace thinking spot by the water
144. crying. fighting. communicating. healing. relief.
145. the warmth, comfort, and realness of a friend’s phone call. instant warmth.
146. a husband who protects me and keep me very grounded.
147. lunch invitations. any invitations. especially from kids. i completely melt.
148. grocery runs with the husband. only for snacks. it makes me feel like we’re teenagers.
149. whispers in church. (but i promise we’re still listening). hearing him sing beside me, that deep richness. the way, so different, we blend. while singing hymns. while doing life together.
150. bluegrass special music nearly every sunday. yes, i’m serious and yes, i know how awesome it is.
151. pops of hot pink.
152. tennis. it’s really fun. i like to pretend i’m venus williams. or serena. or anna kournikova.
153. that euphoric high after a run.
154. the fact that i can actually breathe the air here without suffocating. it’s so much lighter than down south. i keep breathing fully, deeply, and enjoying air that you don’t need a shovel in order to inhale.
155. diet cranberry lime juice. on the rocks. with extra lime.
156. drinking everything in mason jars. all summer long. with a bend-y straw. because it’s fun.
157. lemon water. with lots of lemons.
158. mojitos with sprigs of fresh mint.
159. cooking shows.
160. motivation to organize, try to find employment up here, and write a lot.
161. more LA Family articles coming up. You are the reason why I secured my weekly column, Imperfectly Grand. You rock. Thank you. In my next article (which comes out FRIDAY), i talk about….my butt. gotcha curious, don’t i. if you have any ideas of things i should write about/places i could write for…send anything my way. 🙂
162. the anticipation of getting to see my sister soon. knowing we’ll do crazy interpretive dances and shop for swimsuits and laugh. knowing she’ll fill my sister-time void.
163. seeing my favorite women in the world soon, my soul-friends from Evansville and E.C. and my favorite nephews.
164. finding Josh’s Eagle Scout essay in the basement while sorting through his junk and reading the part about his future career goals. and the fact that we’re living it, finally. right. now.
165. joyful, joyful we adore thee on a piano played by a six-year-old.
166. a four-year-old wearing her mama’s reading glasses in church. and turning around to look at us.
167. jovie’s shenanigans.
168. all of the shenanigans we’re about to experience in sweet home southern IL.